Friday, February 6, 2009

Self Confidence vs. God Confidence

Proverbs 28:26 - He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.


Bookstores are plenteous of books uplifting self-confidence, stating this as the key to success. Scripture, the pure Word of God, gives us a different perspective. Is any author more knowledgeable than our Lord?


Whether running a race, working on the farm, or in the office; I have become completely fatigued numerous times. You have too, right? Where do we find the strength for continuation? 


Whenever I lean on self-confidence, strength and success are fleeting. Those moments in which I am collapsing, only placing my trust in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; am I able to go on. Knowing and applying the Word of God enables our walking in wisdom.



About 17 years ago I had the flu for a couple of days. That week my boss and I were schedule to drive 140 miles to soil sample a large farm in western Nebraska, approximately 20 miles east of the Colorado border. The fields were on the south side of Interstate 80. 


As we left early that December morning, each driving a pick-up, my inner-fuel tank hovered near empty. My body ached, my mind wandered. Mark was adament in going only if I felt up to the task. In my love of healthy challenges, I said, "Let's get it done".



During the morning I kept plugging away, searching for the strength to speed up my work and to feel better. Suddenly I was reminded the source of all strength. We are to possess God-Confidence as opposed to self-confidence.



What is wisdom? How do you walk in wisdom? Previous articles on this site discuss wisdom, I will avoid repeating previous entries. Walking is wisdom is continually seeking our Lord Jesus Christ with all of our heart, soul, and mind. 


Walking in wisdom is living congruently with scripture, the story of the Christ our Savior. Do my thoughts and actions match up with God's pure word? When we find a descrepancy, we must change course immediately; setting our sights once again on Christ.


When you face challenges, seek and act with God confidence (Prov. 3:5-7). Walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16-23). This will result in your living prayerfully, thankfully and joyfully always (1 Thess 5:16-18). This occurs strictly because of God, rather than merit that you and I attempt to achieve or earn.


Live with God Confidence!


See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!


Rick


Rick E. Meyer
www.rickEmeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment