Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Monday morning I drove home from Seward, where I stayed with overnight with friends on the return trip home from Kansas City. Dense fog covered the terrain all 90 miles of the journey; the visibility peaked at a half mile and frequently a quarter of a mile. Even though I am reasonably familiar with these roads, seeing the upcoming stop signs and intersections was challenging at best.

Normally when fog is this heavy I drive more reluctantly with concern of missing a stop sign or turn. However, my Garmin GPS fastened on my windshield displayed the mileage; when close the distance in feet to the upcoming intersection. I drove with more confidence as I did not have to worry about missing a stop sign or turn. The GPS displayed where I was at in relation to my chosen journey and destination.

Do you ever feel like you life’s journey is in dense fog? I do! How do we know where to stop, where to turn, when to drive safely at ‘normal’ speeds? If only life came with a GPS. Fortunately, it does in the form of scripture, prayer, worship, devotion and fellowship. When we seek a relationship with Jesus Christ through the aforementioned venues; the Holy Spirit will guide us safely on our chosen journey and destination.

If the GPS was in my car, but unplugged or out of view, no benefit would be gained from its ownership. Our relationship with Christ is equivocal; relying simply on “I am a Christian,” will provide little benefit in life’s dense fog. Our relationship with Jesus and the comforter he sent to us in the Holy Spirit must be plugged in and viewed: an effective relationship is an internalized relationship.

These turbulent times cause a dense fog in our daily lives, plug and view your guidance system of the Holy Spirit.

Walk with Christ, Talk with Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Make it a Great Day in Christ!


Rick E. Meyer
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment