Friday, June 22, 2012

What do you focus on?

Earlier this week I reviewed videos of a few my speeches from 2002 to 2010. I am working on a blog for the Fourth of July and wanted to recapture past thoughts and perspectives. Included on the same mini-DV tapes were videos of past Christmas gatherings.

Watching these videos generated frustration and shame towards myself. I wanted to see more of the people in the room where I shot the videos. Instead, I focused the camera more on gifts than people.

Specifically, I wanted to see my dad. Yet, I only placed the camera on him a few times. If I outlive my mother, I will later wish I had her in more of the videos.

Ten years from now noone will care who gave what gifts to whom. However, we will care about the people in the room.

Watching these videos reminded me of a lesson all of us have heard numerous times in numerous ways. Whether videoing, taking pictures or conversing in a room with friends and family, Focus on People, not Things.

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!
Rick

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment