Friday, April 10, 2015

Trust and Serve God

Last week in Gillette, WY and Billings, MT, several seminar attendees pulled me aside during breaks with surprising--to me--expressions of gratitude for my encouragement and "boldly, yet gently, sharing your faith."


Numerous times, attendees have thanked me for sharing the gospel while teaching. I am always surprised because I do not set specific goals of encouraging people or sharing my faith.


My prayer before teaching any topic, consists simply of "Lord, help me serve and glorify you today. For the cause of Christ, who may I serve today? Lord, you are joining today's attendees, myself and this topic for your purposes, far exceeding my wisdom. Let me act obediently to your desires in spite of myself."


Then, trusting God in faith, I freely speak whatever is placed on my heart.


Conversely, whenever I focus on secular goals I receive no comments such as those above. This reminds me that the more we focus on serving and glorifying God--including doing our job well, the deeper the positive impact is on others. As we know, all people and topics fall under God's domain.


"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being (John 1:1-3)."


Seek to serve and glorify God; all else will fall into place according to His wisdom (Mt. 6:33).



See Christ, Believe Christ,
Achieve with Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
Running on Faith Ministry Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com
www.max.com/337072

No comments:

Post a Comment