Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Who Are You Encouraging?

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11   1 Thess 5:14

After running in the rain this morning I followed a hunch / prompting at Starbucks to encourage a random stranger studying the Bible. I am only sharing this incident due to a hunch / prompting. It's all God!

A few minutes later he approached saying with full gratitude how timely, needed, and affirming the comments were for him. I do not know any additional details and quite likely will never see him again. It's all God!

It scares me how easily I nearly justify avoiding these brief impromptu opportunities to serve God. Especially when I have not yet had my coffee! lol

Are you tuned in and ready for God to use you to offer a few impromptu words of encouragement (or a helping hand) to one of His people?

Simple "Service Projects" surround us each day. Serving God often occurs a few encouraging words/actions at a time over the course of a day, week, month, year and lifetime.

Who will God place in your path throughout this day?

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil." Proverbs 3:5–7

No comments:

Post a Comment