Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

Let us Always Remember the great sacrifice of our Veterans for Freedom and Liberation.

I vividly recall the free flowing tears of an ~85 yr old WWII Vet sitting on the front row of the first American Legion program I spoke at in 2004. My eyes also began leaking. He fought at Kasserine Pass in North Africa; once standing beside General George S. Patton. His later battles included places such as Sicily and Normandy.

Sixty years later he continued shedding tears over the sacrifice of those who did not return and the lifetime of nightmares of those who did return. I met him only once, yet his face, stories, and tears remain vivid in my mind's eye.

How well written is the Thank You note of our lives for the ultimate gift of their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment