Thursday, August 20, 2009

Truth is Worth It!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Do you recall the Matthew Wilder song in the 1980s including the lyrics, "Last night I had the strangest dream"?

Last night, I had a strange dream!

I was approaching a cabin in the clearing of a forest, several other people stood around, including my dad. Only a few dreams have included my dad since he passed away in December 2006. This dream's reality is amazing.

Dad knew I had been asked to resign due to my unwillingness to lie to clients; others disguise lying with colorful terms such as "B.S.ing", exaggerating, or "stretching the truth"; along with my belief that Biblical wisdom is the foundation of permanent success.

Colleagues within the retail agriculture industry adamantly stated on numerous occasions over the past ten (10) months; that belief in an absolute right and wrong would result in failure in sales. A World Champion speaker personally told me exaggerating and 'stretching the truth' are necessary to win the coveted championship. Are they correct?

Who possess greater wisdom, the colleagues and world champions; or the Holy Spirit?

In the dream; Dad, who passed away at the age of sixty-nine (69), appeared as he did thirty (30) plus years ago. A beaming smile accentuated his radiant face. Dad looked me in the eye stating, "Truth is worth it!" I said, "But dad, I have no continuing income at the moment." He once again penetrated my eyes saying, "Mandating honesty and integrity, biblical wisdom, is worth whatever ridicule you endure on earth." I replied, "Dad, some say you were too honest while on earth, that it hurt you financially." Dad, looking skyward - radiantly beaming, softly quipped "I would do it all the same, it is worth it!"

The dream slowly faded; I awakened reassured mandating honesty and integrity are worth any resulting suffering on earth.

The world will continue to tempt each of us to think and live outside the box of biblical truth. Truth is God, He cannot lie. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 14:16); secular truth is an oxymoron. During the forty (40) days in the wilderness (Luke 4:5-8), Satan offered Jesus the world contingent on Jesus worshiping Satan, the father of lies (John 8:44). Jesus rebuked Satan, "It is written, worship the Lord your God and serve him only." When promised success through dishonesty, by any of its colorful terms, we have a choice on whom to worship, whom to serve.

Will you serve the father of lies, or the Spirit of truth?

May God provide you with the wisdom and strength to choose him, choose truth - Always.

Truth is worth it!

Make it a Great Day in Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
Rick E. Meyer Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment