Thursday, October 1, 2009

Passion and Relationships

Occasionally, I struggle to write: shoring up stories and points in a book I am finishing. Conversely, when an idea will aid a friend, I quickly share this idea. I am eager to offer friends value: I love to win! ‘Winning’ is achieving greatness through Christ.

Why the contrast in writing efforts?

When I view writing as a 'task’, or just going 'through the motions,’ ideas are logged jammed. Water held by logjams can become stale, as can our mind. Failing to visualize individuals benefiting from my ideas and stories creates a logged jammed mind. Log of selfishness jam deire and creativity. Who desires a stale mind?

Speaking and writing to inspire greater achievements in any endeavor for societal betterment is my passion. I write best when visualizing the personalized benefit, seeing specific people reaping rewards from the message. This includes visually reflecting back on the vast array of individuals offering gratitude for an idea that enhanced their lives. Passionately assisting in the betterment of others’ lives enables me to write with passion!

What about your profession, do you become lulled into completing 'tasks,' satisfying a boss, board of directors, or a deadline, instead of specific individuals of end users? You continue to perform well, but perhaps lack the passion necessary to prevent logjams. How do you avoid this quandary?

Visualize, incorporating all five senses if possible, a family's improved relationships because of your product or service. Inquire of your profession: “How will my task, my product, or service enhance a person’s relationships with the Lord, along with their family, and friends?”

Manufacturing a wheel bearing may appear mundane compared to a UPS driver delivering a favorite Christmas present. How would the UPS driver deliver the present efficiently without wheel bearings in his vehicle? Brad is a UPS manager and a terrific runner, but his running efficiency is dwarfed compared to those in delivery trucks.

Holy Spirit assignments empower relationships. Let this relationship enhancing passion empower you to great achievements, glorifying our Lord.

Make it a Great Day in Christ!
Rick
Rick Meyer Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment