Saturday, October 31, 2009

Keep Working

Jesus heard Lazarus was dead, yet he waited two days before going to Judea. Jesus finally arrived at Lazarus’ tomb four days after his death. Martha informs Jesus that if he had been present when Lazarus was sick, his death could have been prevented at the time. We know the story: Jesus brought Lazarus back to life. Jesus desired for God to be glorified with the raising of Lazarus from death.

Do you question Jesus’ care of you and your family when prayer answers are delayed? As a child I recall being rather hungry from farm work, ready to eat now. I typically “only” ate three to four big pancakes for breakfast. Innumerable times I entered the west porch of our farmhouse, then opening the house door from inside the porch, sticking my head in the kitchen-asking mom if dinner is ready. She always replied that dinner would be ready at noon.

She then instructed me to look at the clock on the east wall, often it displayed between 11:00 AM and 11:30 AM. I struggled to believe I could continue working another thirty to sixty minutes without food. Mom insisted I wait, knowing I would survive in spite of my child’s mind doubts. At times, I received a piece of bread and butter for sustenance. Fortunately, the delicious and filling dinner was always ready at noon as promised.

Mary, Martha, and we respond this way with our prayers. Just as I strongly desired food at the moment of request, believing I am unable to continue on without food: we insist on Jesus answering our prayers immediately. They believed Jesus needed to be with Lazarus before his earthly death. My mother knew I would survive without dinner for another thirty to sixty minutes; a mealtime of noon coincided with her cooking plans and my dad’s work plans. Jesus waited two days to travel to Judea for Lazarus and often waits to provide an answer to us based on the plans of he and the Father in Heaven.

Jesus brought Lazarus back to life as Martha requested and correlating with the Father’s plan. Today Jesus rarely revives our loved ones from their physical death. However, if our dreams and goals correlating with the Father’s will seem ‘dead’ to us in waiting; Jesus will bring these dreams and desires to life in the proper time.

While I waited for dinner, I could see a clock, knowing how much longer the wait endured. Jesus does not provide us with an exact date and time of his answering. Since we continue to work despite our hunger knowing our mother will feed us as promised, we too must continue our work knowing Jesus will feed us with answered prayers at his appropriate time. Let us pray and continue our work in faith. He awakened Lazarus from the bodily death: What can Jesus do with your long awaited dreams and goals? He desires Glory for the Father in your life too!

Keep the Faith: Walk with Christ, Talk with Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Make it a Great Day!


Rick
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment