Monday, June 20, 2011

Christ's Status

Last Monday, June 13th 2011, I stood in the hotel room Jacuzzi enhancing the health of my lower legs while overlooking Lake Michigan.

This is the first I recall having a Jacuzzi in the room. A welcomed addition after a ten mile run along Lake Michigan’s shore in Traverse City the previous evening; including perpetually increasing intensity. Lower leg health is vital, particularly while traveling.

During my post-morning shower whirlpool, my curiosity wondered of friends’ updated status on Facebook. My Smartphone and Bible each sat along the edge of the Jacuzzi. I glanced at the Bible, as the still small inner voice suggested I read it instead of Facebook, ashamedly I ignored this voice several times. Why do I frequently respond amazingly idiotic?

Suddenly, and softly, while internally expressing my desire to check Facebook instead of read scripture; the gentle inner-voice asks, “Rick, why are you indifferent of my status? Why are you ignoring my voice and direction in your life?” Wow! I felt as if I had been hit with a ton of bricks.

Are you anxious to read Christ’s daily status updates in your life? Each reading of scripture reveals deeper truths, for you. The original meaning remains constant, our understanding deepens. For example, at first glance we may see a car, television or human body.

Study of these, or anything else, continually reveals deeper information about the object. The car, television or human body are the same from first glance to in-depth study. Scripture and Jesus Christ are the same, while we learn in layers or plateaus.

Daily studying and prayer uncover greater details; additional status updates, of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Ask, with faithful confidence, the Holy Spirit to open and transform your heart and mind to hearing and desiring his commands expressed through Christ’s updated status.

If Christ is my best friend, if I love him with all of my heart soul and mind; I will desire to read his status in scripture and post on his wall through prayer. What about you?

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment