Saturday, October 22, 2011

Authenticity

22 October 2011

Today’s workout consists of two miles of warm-up, and four repetitions of five minute runs with three minutes of jog run to recover. After completing the first five minute run, I removed my shirt. This was once as common on warm days as tying the shoe laces on the shoes.

The purpose of removing the shirt is keeping my body temperature lower, enhancing the ability to run fast. As my weight increased and my abdominal muscles lost form, I discontinued removing my shirt.

I became more concerned of someone seeing my real, undefined, un-honed stomach, than staying cool; thus kept it covered.

My abdominal muscles are once again visibly tuned or honed, although necessary improvement remains. Today my shirt is off during the run as my abdominal muscles, thus I am no longer ashamed for their public revealing.

We lack any need to cover our well tuned and well defined core muscles. Only when they lack clear, concise definition do we desire covering them up in public.

Once again, our core, abdominal, muscles are reflective of our core beliefs and values. When our values and beliefs lack Biblical definition, we tend to cover them up. We are inauthentic.

When our core values and beliefs are well honed, tuned and highly correlated with the Christian Bible, the Spirit of Truth; we gladly reveal our self. We are eagerly authentic.

Removing one’s shirt while running in the warm and hot air enhances achievement. Similarly, removing all false coverings, fully exposing our authentic self enhances our relationship with Christ.

Enhancing our relationship with God: Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit; enhances relationships with those with whom we regularly interact.

Authenticity, fully revealing our core values, is tuning our heart, mind and soul with God: Father, Son (the Lord Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit; obediently and lovingly living his Word.

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment