Friday, March 1, 2013

Learning


Personally I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught. ~ Winston Churchill
 
The man who is too old to learn, was probably always too old to learn.
~ Henry Haskins


A young man came to Socrates one day and said, in substance: "Mr. Socrates, I have come 1,500 miles to gain wisdom and learning. I want learning, so I come to you."
Socrates said, "Come, follow me." He led the way down to the seashore. They waded out into the water until they were up to their waists, and then Socrates seized his companion and forced his head under the water. In spite of his struggles, Socrates held him under.
Finally, when most of his resistance was gone Socrates laid him out on the shore and returned to the marketplace. When the visitor had regained his strength, he returned to Socrates to learn the reason for this behavior.
Socrates said to him, "When you were under the water, what was the one thing you wanted more than anything else?"
"I wanted air."
Then Socrates said, "When you want knowledge and understanding as badly as you wanted air, you won't have to ask anyone to give it to you."
—Sterling W. Sill



See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!


Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com





No comments:

Post a Comment