Saturday, April 6, 2013

Leader Servant: Integrity

Integrity frequently becomes defined as "What one does when no one is watching (looking)."

Servants focus solely serving, instead of noticing if they have an audience.

Several years ago, an insurance investigator called inquiring of my loss of clothing and personal belongings from pulverized glass in my silver, Lincoln Town Car.

I attentively drove on ice-covered streets in Grand Forks, North Dakota from the hotel of my speaking engagement onto the next venue in mid-November.

Cognizant of the icy roads and my fellow travelers, I once again explained the causative event the previous August. A massive hail storm struck the Omaha Airport while where I parked my car while speaking in the Carolinas for a week.

The car was fully packed because I was moving to Dallas upon my return to Eppley Field in Omaha. The back window shattered, the pulverized glass embedded in the dash, steering wheel and all the clothes inside.

Thousands of dollars of belongings became instantly ruined. The dust sized particles of glass caused frequent lacerations in my hands as I viewed the damage.

The insurance investigator asked several times if I knew and understood that our phone conversation was recorded. Eventually, his arrogant attitude topped my tipping point of tolerance.

I then inquired if he realized that God records everything we say throughout life. I explained that as a Christian, I am accountable to Jesus Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit. Consequently, I seek to speak truth, always.

This insurance investigator, quickly terminated the phone call, failing to recognize and/or acknowledge a relationship with the indwelling Holy Spirit. As a result, the investigator only worries whether another man is watching or recording his words and actions.

Everyone that I know with INTEGRITY neither looks if anyone is watching or cares if anyone is watching—they just Do. Anyone looking around to see if anyone watches probably lacks integrity.

The genuine man (and woman) of integrity knows that they always perform before God, concerning themselves only of His opinion (c.f. Colossians 3:23).
    "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve." 
The common definition of integrity as stated above, "What you do when know is watching," exhibits no integrity as it dismisses knowledge and relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit—the source of all Godly truth, wisdom and integrity.

Integrity is what you do when you love God with all of your heart, soul, and mind; loving your fellow man as much as you love yourself (Mt. 22:37-39). Integrity is seeking first the kingdom of God (Mt. 6:33).

    "And He said to him, " 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
This is the great and foremost commandment.
The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" (
Matthew 22:37–39, NASB95)

    "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:33, NASB95)

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ! 
Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment