Thursday, September 2, 2010

How Do You Spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S?

Do you remember the old Rolaids commercial: "How do you spell R-E-L-I-E-F?"

How do you spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S. Are your "spellings" contingent upon your environment?

I frequently reflect upon the 5th and final prayer about 3 minutes before the start of the 1984 State cross country meet at Manhattan's Warner Park. We had an opportunity to accomplish a rare feat at that time in Kansas cross country. Dan Schneider, whom I have previously written about; said, "Lord, help us run a race to glorify YOU; whether first place or last place." I nearly decked him when he uttered 'last place,' J but I quickly realized his prayer hit the Bull's-eye!

Probably not the type of prayer most "successful" people utter. How often do you hear a leading salesman say, "Lord, help me present this product / service to glorify you; whether resulting in a multi-million dollar sale or NOTHING"? If our objective is absent pleasing/serving God, are we on target?

Last Friday a seminar attendee gave me a note separate from the evaluations: "It's awesome to see how God is using you ? even through teaching Excel." Several in a South Dakota seminar said something similarly at the end. Perhaps I am weird, this flat made my day-week-month-year.

Last winter an employer from the early 1990s sent an e-mail asking to be reminded of a couple of my quips while running and working:
"It is not me, but Christ who is in me" and "I can't, Christ can, We (Christ and I) are."

My long time definition of Success will probably not be endorsed by Harvard, General Electric or other secular organizations.

“Success is achieving Christ's will for our lives by perpetually seeking and attaining God’s Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.”
~ Rick E. Meyer

Reading about a book a day enables me to study topics of Faith, Leadership, Communication, Power of the Mind as a gift from our Creator, People Skills, etc in my effort to seek and attain the God’s Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding to achieve Christ's Will for my life. How is your reading?

Many define success on being happy, feeling good; for them, SUCCESS revolves around themselves instead of Christ.

How do you spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S?

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve Christ’s Will!

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.

www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment