Thursday, April 7, 2011

Your Total Is...

I was checking out at a local store today, after ringing up a few items the register clerk said, "Your total is $3.94." I responded, "Thanks for letting me know;" then turned to leave the store with my newly acquired items. Had I continued, I would have been charged with shoplifting, I would have been a criminal!

I quickly turned to see their puzzled face as I grinned saying, "Oh, I suppose you want me to pay that amount." We both enjoyed bountiful laughter! I was having fun, and was interested in their reaction; I shop regularly in this store.

As we travel through Lent, towards Easter; we are reminded of Jesus saying, "Your total for your sins is MY LIFE." Unlike checking out at stores, we are able to say "Thank You," receiving eternal life from God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are unable to pay this bill. Jesus Christ represents how God turns the world upside down from human logic. The "criminal" in God's view, are those who attempt to pay their bill to him.

Next time a store clerk at the register informs you of your total amount due; remember in Christ's Kingdom you are able to turn saying, "Thank You," turning and walking with Jesus.

To be clear, while on earth, remember to pay the clerks here the amount due. We do not want you charged with shoplifting. :)

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

In Christ,
Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment