Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are you Moving Mountains?

Are you Moving Mountains?

Mt 25:25 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”

Have you ever been really hungry? Between working on the farm and running; I have been extraordinarily hungry numerous times in life. At times I become light headed, and consequently grumpy. Other times, thirst has overwhelmed my throat. A fresh cool drink is amazingly refreshing! Yet, in a few hours, sometimes sooner; I am hungry and thirsty again.

Have you, like me, ever experienced internal turmoil due to the loss of a loved one? Perhaps the turmoil is finances, or professional or relational. Do you feel sick from loneliness? The only cure is Jesus Christ, whether in worship, prayer, other Christians, or scripture. Only the Word made flesh, and the Holy Spirit he brings, is able to fulfill the hunger and thirst of internal turmoil.

As my friend Chuck Kahl elaborately illustrates, faith the size of a mustard seed is able to move mountains in the lives of others. Are we sharing our physical, emotional and financial resources as guided in our hearts by the Holy Spirit? Are we sharing the ‘Bread of Life’?

Are we moving mountains in the lives of others? Are we showing others how their mountain of sin is removed with confession and repentance; accepting Jesus’ death and resurrection as the reconciliation of the past, present and future sin? In John 6:35 Jesus says, “He who comes to me will never go hungry,…”

Are we feeding others with the ‘Bread of Life’ and the water permanently quenching thirst: Jesus Christ? Are we moving the mountain of an empty life, an empty soul; feeding our enemy (Romans 12:20) with the ‘Bread of Life’?

Are we showing others how to be clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ? Are we inviting others to Worship, Bible Study, and prayer requests? Are we visiting those who have no hope and sharing the Hope of Jesus Christ?

Caring for someone’s physical needs before their spiritual needs, is equal to spraying water on the leaves of plants. It may clean their leaves, creating a refreshing appearance, while providing little long term benefit. The leaves will then shine as a result.

Just as we must water the soil, allowing plant roots to uptake nutrients and water; we must also feed and water the soul of our neighbors with the ‘Bread of Life’ found in Jesus Christ. With Jesus in the soil of their soul, at the foundation of their life; they too will shine. They will shine with the light of Christ.

In faith, share the Good News of eternal life through salvation from Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection. Your faith will move their mountains of internal turmoil, hopelessness, hungering soul, doubt and loneliness, along with all other problems of lives absent Christ.

Jesus will say: Well done thou good and faithful servant!

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

In Christ,

Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment