Saturday, May 7, 2011

Panic

Have ever been in an instant and severe panic? A few moments of go, such panic struck like lightening. I was returning to my motel room, walking across the parking lot, with clean clothes after completing laundry in Salem, Oregon. As I approached the entrance, my mind shifted from deep thoughts to, “why is the third parking space north of the entrance now empty?”

My rented Jeep was no longer where I last parked. How could this happen? Parking, locking and pulling the keys instantly replayed in my mind. Did someone break into my room and steal the keys to steal the vehicle? I must call 911 and the car rental company. How did this happen!? I anxiously approached my room to door to open, enter and investigate.

Another moment of panic, my room number changed and I was locked out. Glancing ahead, I quickly and embarrassingly realized I had entered too soon. My vehicle and room were still as they were last left. Thinking deeply and being up 23 ½ hours the previous day while speaking and traveling can result in a loss of focus.

I entered the room, looked out the window at the vehicle; my heart rate rapidly descended. A still, quiet voice spoke in the silence saying that this is the same type of panic is realized by those who fail to recognize Christ as their Savior. Those who fail to recognize and accept Christ as the Word made flesh, a member of the Triune God, who is also the one and only God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their panic will be exponentially worst and remain eternally.

Believing a vehicle stolen causes a tremendous initial panic. Are you helping people avoid the great eternal panic in answering the great commission in making disciples of all nations; baptizing them in the name of Jesus? Each of us is called to different roles in this commission. Seek the Lord’s wisdom, knowledge and understanding to fulfill your role on his team. Avoid the panic!

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment