Sunday, May 1, 2011

Listen

I stood in the seminar room explaining the ‘M’ on a table in the workbook stood for “Month.” The attendees and I discussed the significance of defining variables, symbols and acronym in effective communication for two or three minutes. We then moved on to the next topic when the lady who had been disruptive all day; asked the meaning and definition of ‘M.’ I politely repeated for the fifth or sixth time, that it stood for “Month.” Fortunately our Lord occupied and controlled my tongue; allowing me to speak with patience and mercy.

Initially, despite remaining outwardly calm; internal turmoil steadily increased. Previously, Mary (not her real name) admitted to being distracted with activities at work while attending the seminar. Suddenly, the Holy Spirit reminded me that His communication with me strongly resembled my communication with Mary.

Christ frequently communicates with me and others. The others quickly capture the message, even though our Lord graciously repeats the message five, six or even one hundred times. In my busyness, worrying about other activities, I miss His voice. Later, I anxiously and annoyingly demand the Lord speak to my heart; explain what is going on and why. Christ and the Holy Spirit, softly, kindly and patiently repeat the message yet again until I get my mind off of activities, focusing on my surroundings.

What about you? Are you listening? Do you get frustrated when the Lord “fails to provide the answers,” only to realize Christ has been speaking while you were focused on distractions? Are you receiving Christ’s message delivered through those whom seemingly annoy you.

We are designed with one mouth, two ears and two eyes. Most events include at least two sides of the story to observe and hear. Let us hear and see Christ in the world both directly and indirectly, using an eye and ear for each. Let Christ’s voice and illumination enter and occupy both sides of our heart and mind.

Seek for Christ to occupy your tongue, speaking through you.

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

Rick E. Meyer
www.rickemeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment