Saturday, May 31, 2014

Always Joyful

See update below:


Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota on June 21, 2014 quickly approaches. My excitement escalates in anticipation and preparation of running my first competitive marathon in fourteen years.

 

This course appears serene, beginning in Two Harbors and traversing southwest along Lake Superior to Duluth. My heart rejoices as God blesses my body, mind and spirit with the necessary ability and desire for consistent seventy-five to one-hundred weekly miles of training.

 

Tempo runs, intervals, easy runs and long runs each provide encouraging progression. Increasing calorie usage and rate of metabolism enhance the body weight’s mandatory descent to competitive levels. These increasing fitness levels radiate the symbiotic relationship of speed, strength and appropriate body weight. Running fast and far is fun!

 

Joyfully, I continually thank and praise God for these blessings.

 

My daily consumption of Cellgevity increases intracellular glutathione, which reduces inflammation and serves as the body’s master anti-oxidant.  However, I inadvertently allow my Cellgevity supply to deplete before the next shipment arrives.

 

Running and the activities surrounding graduation from Dallas Theological Seminary distract me from assuring a continued supply of Cellgevity. A week after emptying the Cellgevity bottle, inflammation along the tibia in the lower right leg from a sprain prevents running.

 

Darts of apprehension and doubt immediately strike my mind, especially because of my high expectations for the quickly approaching marathon.

“How serious is this injury?”

“Will I recover in time to run this marathon competitively?”

 

Gentle, yet convicting, promptings of God’s word and sovereignty quickly extinguished the enemy’s fiery darts (Eph 6:12, 16).

 

aRejoice always; apray without ceasing; in everything agive thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thess 5:16-18).”

 

Scripture radiates God’s complete eternal control (Job 40, 41, 42:1, 2). He causes what He wants to cause and allows what He wants to allow. Who is man to question God?

 

Additionally, these promptings initiate reflection of my scripturally derived purpose of running and all of life; glorify God in everything. Additionally, I define success as achieving God’s will for my life (Mt 7:21). I have expounded upon this in numerous other writings, so will avoid doing so here.

 

In congruence to these principles, relationships—with God and people—comprise the foundation of each of my activities. As disclaimer, God’s grace, mercy and love fill in the vast perpetual shortcomings in every area of my life.

 

Acknowledging God’s sovereignty illuminates physical setback to my training for the marathon as part of God’s intended training program for me. Consequently, I am rejoicing in this sore leg as much as I rejoice when running a great twenty-miler training run or a personal record (PR) in a race.

 

 Life consists of relationships. This sore leg provides opportunities to meet and converse with new people. These conversations each lead to discussing our day-to-day relationships with Christ and His people.

 

We when seek to obediently serve Christ, He provides opportunities to glorify Him through serving others. Loving others and rejoicing in God’s abundance during the exceptionally good as well as the less than favorable moments provides great impact on those with whom we encounter.

 

A joyful heart, praising God while loving and serving others deepens our relationship with people and God!

 

Yes, I am excited about this sore leg. It will heal. I will, by God’s grace, run fast and far very soon. Most likely, I will run well in Grandma’s Marathon on June 21, 2014.


Yes, Joyfully, I continually thank and praise God for these blessings.

  

However, regardless of my health leading up to a marathon or any event, life never promises the tangible results that we often seek, such as a great marathon. Yet, running serves as a catalyst through which the Holy Spirit intertwines my life with others.

 

Yes, God is preparing me for Grandma’s Marathon and relationships with His people using methods that I failed to consider a few weeks ago. He is the ultimate coach. I greatly trust my running coach, Lyle Claussen and I certainly trust to eternal, perfect God of creation in everything.


Whatever challenges you encounter, probably putting my sore leg to shame in comparison, seek to obediently serve Christ. Then, rejoice in everything, pray always and be thankful. Because, this includes God’s training program for your life at this moment.

 

In so doing, you will glorify God in your race (1 Cor. 9:24). Trust God!


Grandma's Marathon 2014

Driving thru St. Paul, MN last Friday (6/20/2014) on the way to Duluth, I reflected on once entering the Twin Cities Marathon (TCM) with a sore leg just as I had on this drive to Duluth. Despite the leg hurting during warm-up and the first mile @ TCM, I managed a 2:27 followed by a solo 2:24 twenty-seven days later.

I reflected on this for optimism, while diligently praying for speed, strength and wisdom. U...nfortunately, this time the leg also hurt during warm-up and failed to hold-up, I quit running after passing the 1st mile in a blazing 11+ minutes--far exceeding my previous mile PW.

However, the Lord did and does saturate my heart with Peace, Joy and Gratitude (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18), just as during the more favorable results. Additionally, I am exceptionally Grateful and Joyful to see friends achieve amazing performances in Duluth. Congrats again to each of you!

Grateful precedes Greatfull! Always Trust God! (Prov. 3:5-6)

 

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!

 

Rick E. Meyer

See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com




a Phil 4:4
a Eph 6:18
a Eph 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment