Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time Management

Morning Ponderings: As I am about to depart for a full day of classes at Dallas Theological Seminary, I reflect upon the vast papers, asssignments and exams due this semester, along with speaking obligations.
I, like you with your responsibilities, ponder on how to successfully achieve each of these responsibilities. Time management equates with thought management, this includes directing our thoughts to seeking God's wisdom and gumption (Light of Christ).

Update: Yesterday, I prepared for my first quiz of the semester. Dr. Tousaint, who has taught at DTS since 1960, warned us to prepare for this quiz as if preparing for a final exam. I did. However, quizes and exams have been difficult for me in the past.
I typically receive high marks on papers and and essay questions, while receiving lower scores on regular exams.
Every time I diligently studied for this exam, I prayed for wisdom. Immediately before the quiz, I prayed for wisdom. Consequently, one of the few times in my life I received a 100% on a quiz.

Later in the day, I sat in Old Testament History--a redundant title :)--struggling to follow the professors use of literary terminology. Vocabulary such as Setting, Protagonist, etc rarely enter my thoughts or exit my mouth as sound waves. Even though we discussed them in school years ago, my mind requires extensive processing of these terms before their clear meaning is understood.

Suddenly in the middle of the lecture, I am reminded to expectantly ask for wisdom (James 1:5-8). Upon asking, as if sent as sharp lightning striking my brain, clarity of these terms appeared.

Please know this same James passage also states that we attain wisdom through trials of many forms, testing our faith. When we seek wisdom, prudence suggest we prepare for trials, however we welcome these with pure joy for their increased yields.

Proverbs states the value of wisdom exceeds the value of gold. Pray for, and expect wisdom! For increased time management, open your thoughts to God's Wisdom, glorifying God the Father, Son (the Lord Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit.

See Christ, Believe Christ, Achieve with Christ!
Rick E. Meyer
See, Believe, Achieve Inc.
www.rickEmeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment